Would you like to grow your small business? Of course, you would! Facebook recently had half a billion people people log in on a single day! With numbers like that, Facebook is a smart place to reach customers. iPrescott Business Solutions discusses how to use Facebook to build your Prescott small business.
If you are not using your personal Facebook as a tool to build awareness for yourself or your company’s brand, you may be neglecting the world’s most powerful, free (yes, FREE) marketing tool. Facebook is used by more than half of the world’s online population.
Your personal Facebook page can draw a lot of attention to your business, if you use it right. Here are some tips:
- Be wise in your security settings. Allow your posts to be publicly visible. You want as many people to view your posts as possible. At the same time, use the setting ”only me” for “Who can add things to my timeline?” Turn on approval of all tags before they appear on your timeline. You don’t want other people’s weird jokes or rants on your social media.
- Be professional. Your Facebook page should be representative of your brand, business, or whatever it is you want to promote. Do not post things you wouldn’t want everyone to see. You don’t want to alienate or turn off potential followers. As a rule, don’t ever post anything you think may be offensive.
- Stay away from politics. If you are using Facebook as a business tool, no one should be able to easily determine your political views. Always imagine what a potential customer, who is opposite of your political views, would think of your posts. (If you need to vent, there are many closed groups on Facebook!)
- Do not whine or complain about things going on in your personal life. As a wise person once said, “Face your problems, don’t Facebook them.”
- Be friendly. “Friend” people often and approve all friend requests from real people. The goal is to have as many followers as possible. However, be aware that there are fake accounts. Accept invitations with caution.
Would you like to have your social media managed by experts? iPrescott Business Solutions can help you use Facebook to build your Prescott small business. Call iPrescott Business Solutions today at 928-642-4048 and let us help you utilize the power of social media to grow your business.