When you own a small business, a strong website presence is vital for branding and marketing. Visitors are coming to your website for a specific reason. You want to make sure they are aware of you and the specific products and services you offer, and that you are there to answer any questions they may have. iPrescott Business Solutions can help you avoid common website design mistakes for your small business in Prescott.
If your website is designed poorly, or if you don’t know how to use your website effectively, you risk losing customers. Here are some examples:
- Trying to get a website online too quickly. Businesses tend to prioritize urgency above understanding their target market. Research your market with the assistance of an expert – then design your site around your market!
- Designing a website that is overly flashy or too busy. The design of a website should not be focused on special effects, but on bringing users there and getting them to the right place once they reach your homepage.
- Flashy websites don’t usually look good on mobile phones or tablets, and those are the devices the majority of your potential customers will be using.
- No clear call to action. What action do you want from those who have discovered your website? Do you want them to buy your product, call you, contact you through your website, subscribe to your business e-newsletter, or several of the above? Call your viewers to action!
- Trying to reach everyone. Determine who your most frequent users are and focus on creating a fantastic experience for them.
- Taking the DIY route. Your website is often your customers’ first discovery of you. If you lack solid web design experience, that all important first impression will not be good.
Don’t lose business or sales because of a poorly designed website. iPrescott Business Solutions, your web design specialists in Prescott, can help you avoid the common mistakes made by many small business owners. Give the experts at iPrescott Business Solutions a call at 928-642-4048.