iPrescott Business Solutions can help you track website analytics to get the most from your Prescott business website.
Web analytics are not new to the online business world. iPrescott Business Solutions reviews some fundamental web analytics terms and discusses the importance of analyzing information to help you successfully market your Prescott small business.
Here are some terms to help you understand the traffic on your website:
- Visits measures the number of people coming to your site in a specific time frame. What kind of visitor (new or returning) or the frequency of each visitor is another metric.
- Unique Visitors is the number of individual visitors who came to your site. This individual may have visited your site a number of times but is counted only once as unique.
- Page Views measures the number of different pages a visitor viewed on your site.
- Average Time on Site tracks the average length of time a visitor spent on your website on any visit.
- Returning or New Visitor identifies the difference between people who have been to your site before versus people who are returning to your site within a specific time frame (measured by cookies placed on their computer). If the user returns to your site before the cookie expires they are counted as a returning visitor.
Traffic data on its own can mean little without understanding the source of your visitors. Your web analytics platform may contain sub groups but here are four common sources of traffic:
- Direct measures traffic that came to your site by typing your address (URL) directly into an address bar or by clicking on a bookmark/favorite link.
- Referrals measures traffic that came to your site from another site.
- Search measures traffic that came to your site from search engine results.
- Other measures traffic that was tagged specifically for tracking purposes like direct or email marketing and social media links.
The key to success is understanding how to use metrics. For more thorough information about what web analytics are and how to use them effectively for your Prescott business, call the web analytic experts at iPrescott Business Solutions at 928-642-4048.