A responsive website is basically one that changes to display itself correctly on any device no matter the screen size or orientation of the device being used to view the website. A website that is responsive and changes to adapt to different devices, while keeping an appealing look is very important, especially when trying to convert potential clients or customers into sales. iPrescott Business Solutions brings you this information to help you understand why having a responsive website is so important.
We use our smartphones increasingly these days. When a website presents itself that is not responsive we find the website is tiny and not formatted to be easily viewed, so we spend our time pinching and zooming through small graphics and hard to read text. Sometimes we do find the website has a special mobile version, however this alternate version has far less content that the desktop version.
Why is a responsive web design so important?
- As more people are beginning to use mobile devices, like smartphones and tablets, for every task that used to be only capable on desktop, one thing has become clear: mobile is taking over Internet surfing. Because mobile Internet usage is increasing steadily, it’s extremely important that your website is mobile friendly.
- We all know that Google is a really big deal. If Google claims that it prefers responsive web design as the recommended mobile configuration, you better take that as a hint. Why does Google prefer responsive design? For starters, it’s more efficient for Google to bot crawl the site and then index and organize all the content that is online. Contrast this with a separate mobile site which has a different URL and different HTML than its desktop counterpart, requiring Google to crawl and index multiple versions of the same site.
- Easier to Manage. Going back to SEO for moment, if you have separate desktop and mobile sites, you’re going to have to run separate SEO campaigns for each.
- Future Scale-ability: One of the best things about a responsive website is that this approach gives you the best chance to support newer devices and screens in the future. Responsive sites are fluid, scaling up or down as needed to best fit the screens being used to access the site.
- Responsive design also provides easy monitoring and analyzing. With a single website, you’ll be less burdened as customer tracking, conversion paths and redirection streamlines. As the time goes on, Google Analytics will be optimized to handle various devices and reporting, integrating all of the results into a single report.
Responsive websites are recommended by Google. Responsive websites allow greater user-experience across many devices and screen sizes, and it also makes managing your SEO strategy easier. For more information on this topic, contact iPrescott Business Solutions to develop a responsive website for your business. Contact us today at 928-642-4048